Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Teacher in Residence: National Aquarium



Summer, to me, is the ultimate time for active learning and discovery.  Vacations of all sorts are great, particularly for the mental re-charge.  Still, to me, something about summer screams think, do, learn to me.



I am incredibly excited and honored to announce that I will be National Aquarium's Teacher in Residence this summer.  I will work alongside non-formal educators at the aquarium to develop new ways in which to use their exhibits as teaching tools.





I'm primarily excited about this opportunity because I know that I will return to school in the fall armed with a plethora of new ideas and activities for my students.  Our very first intensive science unit is centered upon oceans.  This residency is a match made in heaven for me - and for my students!






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing in your passion for learning and teaching. Congratulations super star.
Diane Shanley